UI is all about how easily your end users can discover your content or how easily they can navigate across the other parts of the website and easily convert for the solutions they are seeking while browsing through the web. It’s all about how seamlessly the transition happens and how quickly one can get the end-users to convert fast over the web. Design is all about aesthetics and better deliverability.
We intend to use these UI trends not only to satisfy users’ aesthetic requirements but also to provide them with a high level of usability. A wise combination of these trends will lead to happier users, and ergo your product’s success.
The Sudden Shift Towards Design First Web in 2020
2020 saw a great move towards creating a design first web experience. The design-first approach for digital products became a prime attribute this year. The primary goal has now seen a shift towards designs that ought to improve people’s lives and also help meet business goals. Delivering a better user experience is the way to stand out and the prime motto in 2020.
10 UI Trends that Ruled 2020 Design Landscape
- Infinite Edge Smartphones: With mobile devices going full screen, its time to design for such resolutions. More optimized design. Gestures will replace navigational buttons which will leave even more space for the actual content and where relevant, an extra UI kit for Dark mode.
- Representation through Illustrations and Animations: Texts might interfere with representation when it comes to UI. Illustrations have caught up the trend in this context. Micro-interactions and animated elements make the whole experience more human, due to powerful devices, and soon 5G they are here to stay.
- Typography Taking the Lead: Typography doesn’t only make a great tool to create your brand image. Combine it with a great copy to get a story users can immerse themselves in.
- Developing Augmented Reality Experience: UI designers will have to think outside the box to create experiences beyond screens. They will have to prepare to learn how to use new tools and expand their knowledge with the upcoming AR UI kit.
- VR Experience: VR is getting a lot into offering real-time user experience. The Oculus Quests opens lots of new doors towards VR. Other businesses might use it in healthcare or online collaborations.
- Responsive Color Attributes: Instead of one symbolic brand color, more companies will aboard the idea of switching to a dynamic color system that takes on the color of its environment.
- Typographic Play Across the UI: Uses of bold typography wisely have come into play. Combine it with a great copy to get a story users can immerse themselves in.
- Asymmetrical Layout and Concept of Broken Grids: Breaking the rules gives the website a playfulness which makes users curiously explore further. Human minds have been accustomed to finding symmetry in design and these asymmetric layouts are the new ad-on to a fresh view.
- AI Inputs Comes into Play: Learning from the user interaction and improving the elements is and will always be in trend. AI will be integrated into almost every possible product and it might be a time saver for many design professionals.
- Skeumorphs: Skeuomorphism is the design concept of making items represented resemble their real-world counterparts. Skeuomorphism is again getting back into the UI trends and being explored by UI designers.
Did we miss any trends in this post that lie close to your heart? Let us know in the comment section!
Planning a design OR research project soon? Get in touch with Amiure– a UI Design company in India and find out how we can help you conduct usability research and create a powerful UI that will appeal to your target audience.
Amit is a Digital nomad at Amiure International. An avid learner who believes in the magic of Words and Music. Eternal Optimist. Book Lover. Cinephile. Creative Soul, Down to Earth human. Connect to Know more!!